Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vicariously Back to School!

I love back to school shopping... all the pencils, pens, paper, binders and markers. It makes me want to go back to grade 2, growing bean plants in the classroom, and smelling fresh new erasers, earning star stickers for good work, and finding twinkies in my lunch pail... all I needed to be happy.

As a mom, I love to live vicariously through my children as they head off to school with fresh excitement and spiderman backpacks. Sometimes I wish I could earn star stickers for the housework I do and the lunches I pack. I'd love to have a "teacher" giving me A+'s for all the heartwork I pour into my children daily. But I know my reward will come.

Take heart ladies, our reward is in heaven... waiting for us, prepared for us by the ultimate Teacher, our gracious Master. The Lord sees the work of raising children as a good deed (1 Timothy 5:10), and a gentle and quiet spirit of great worth in His sight (1 Peter 3:4). So even when it feels like May and we are dying for vacation time to come... remember that you are precious in God's eyes and He is gently leading you. Isaiah 40:11 says He gently leads those that have young. What an awesome and comforting promise!

What is your favourite part of back to school time? I pray it goes well for all of you sisters!

post signature

3 comments:

LKHarris-Kolp said...

I like shopping for new clothes for the kids, getting supplies and backpacks...all the "Rush" of back-to-school. I feel their excitement and nervousness. It's a bittersweet time for me, though. I miss having my three children with me all of the time, like in the summer, but I also look forward to a little time to myself.

Beth E. said...

Welcome back! I've missed your posts. :-)

Back to school is gonna be very different in our home this year. We just took our youngest son to college on Friday. Next week, we'll help our oldest son move back to college. We will have an empty nest! A bittersweet time for hubby and I. We will miss the boys, but we are also looking forward to reconnecting and doing things together once more.

Have a great week!
Blessings,
Beth

Down Comforter said...

I love school supplies! I always end up with a few things for myself as well. A fresh notebook and colorful pens always brighten my day!