Monday, August 24, 2009

Queen of my Castle

It occured to me today that God has made me (and all of you wives and mothers out there) QUEEN of the castle. So often we women step down from our God given authority in the home, and sit by tearfully while things go on that we don't like.

For example, have you ever been timid when it comes to your child's discipline?

Have you ever wished people would COME when you call them for dinner?

Do you like all of your kids' toys?

Does your husband help out where you need him to?

Do you allow your husband or kids to talk to you in a way that is disrespectful?

Read Proverbs 31. A woman is queen of her home. Be confident, and of a gentle spirit (1 Peter 3:4), and subdue your part of the earth (Genesis 1:28)... the part that lies within your property lines! We are gifted women with a special part to play.

Today I am cleaning out my kids' toys. I've even been confident to donate things that were recent gifts, if I felt the kids weren't playing with them, or they were not appropriate.

And tonight I am reading my kids a book... the Root Cellar. They love it when I read to them.

And right now, they are having quiet time. They may not be taking a nap but they are required to have a rest with quiet activities.

So I thank God for what He has given me, and under His direction, care for it... the way I believe it should be cared for. Go for it ladies! You are special.

post signature

3 comments:

Beth E. said...

This is awesome, Rachel! Thanks so much for sharing your heart. I had truly never thought of myself as a queen before! :-)

Blessings,
Beth

Jennifer said...

Great points! I do feel timid about getting rid of kids' toys, as if everyone tripping over them is a better situation! My kids felt inspired after church last week to get rid of a bunch of their own things and bring them to the church to give to charity. That helps, but we still need to let go of more to make it a less cluttery situation. When we work on it together, we get rid of a lot.

Brooke G said...

Nice info here. Keep us these great posts!