Monday, June 29, 2009

Hospital update and a Recipe!

Hi Friends,

I've been in the hospital so I haven't been posting much. Some of you know of my struggles with post-partum depression. Let me reach out to some of you who may be experiencing this.... depression left untreated does not get better. You are not alone and there is much hope! I'm happy to share my experience with anyone who is interested. Just ask. :-)

Thought I would share a recipe. It was a 5 minute throw-together that fed the six of us a delicious dinner!

Chicken Taco Salad

Cooked Chicken (I bought breast strips already cooked) pieces
Tortilla Chips
1 Jar Salsa (I chose Mild)
Grated cheddar cheese
Lettuce (I ripped it into pieces)
Whatever else suits your fancy!

Prep Method #1
Combine all ingredients COLD and enjoy!

Prep Method #2
Combine chicken, salsa and cheese, and heat through. Serve over cold lettuce and crispy chips!

Anyway, I love these kinds of recipes that rescue me in a what's-for-supper bind! Quick and relatively healthy, not to mention inexpensive. I'm all for it! :-)

Later,

post signature

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Praising God for breakthroughs!

I somehow missed this post before. Please know that I'm continuing to pray.

If you get a chance, check out my latest post...I took a bunch of pics. :-)

Blessings,
Beth