Saturday, May 9, 2009

Photo Tip#14 To Photoshop or NOT to Photoshop

I've taken a picture.... now what?? <----- The alternative title of this post. :-)

We've all seen these pictures of gorgeous people or scenes in magazines and your first thought is... ha... I bet that was airbrushed! Our ultimate goal is NOT to need to retouch photos, but to take fab photos right off the bat. However, there is a place for photo editing software!

I don't know if you know this but Adobe CS4 Photoshop (the full version) costs like $900 bucks or something.... not within reach of your average picture junkie. BUT there are alternatives... and good ones!

I suggest, if you would like to try your hand at some image manipulation (beyond red-eye fix and brightness correction), go for either Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 (less than $100 (this is an AWESOME program... the no-name brand of Photoshop), or Adobe Photoshop Elements (under $200... the scaled down but still more than enough version of Photoshop).

I say if you like it, go for it. If not, don't bother...

For some fun... can you tell which photos below I've touched up and what I've done to them?












6 MORE DAYS IN THE CONTEST! Post your fav. pic on your blog and win the $25 Amazon Gift Certificate! Don't forget to mention me, and let me know where to find your pic(s)!

post signature

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

All of your photos are so good...I have no idea which ones are photoshopped! :o)

I'm feeling the pressure now, with the contest. I am NOT creative, so I'm having a really hard time trying to decide what to "shoot." We've had so much rain here over the past two weeks...we've had two days where we had about 30 minutes of sun, then it has rained the rest of the time.

I thought I would take some pics of my garden and the flowers, but I haven't been able to PLANT anything because of the rain! So....I'm still thinking on it. I hope to get a picture taken this week!

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! If you get a chance, check out my video to see what hubby got me as an early present. I talk about it halfway through the tape.

Blessings...
Beth