So... creativity - THE key to stunning photos! Some thoughts:
1) Make note of pictures you see that you like. How were they taken? Who is
standing where? What time of day is it? Jot down what you like about them.
2) Take each picture you want at least 5 times... varying the point of view.
Take it up high, at eye level, and from down low. Try an angle. Take your
favourite a few times to ensure you don't get your subject with eyes closed.
3) Try candid photos. Turn on your camera. Turn OFF the shutter sounds (there
is usually a way you can turn off the noise your camera makes when you take a
picture... making the operation silent). Sneak up on your kids and snap snap
4) Take pictures of things that are special to you... the kids' artwork, a
family heirloom, a bouquet from your husband, a special meal that turned out
just right! Go for it. It's fun and a great learning experience.
5) Experiment!!!!!! This one is realllly neat. Take an empty toilet paper
roll, hold it in front of your lens and take a picture of your child. See what
comes out... I love the effect!
Here are just some pics to look at. What do you like about them. What don't you like? What would you like to know about the photos? What do they say to you? If you have ANY questions at all so far.... or comments, my comment box is always open. :-)