Friday, May 1, 2009

Photo Tip #9 Creativity Helps and Question Time!

I've had lots of feedback from you all that you are loving the photo tips! I'm so happy. :-) Today is a sort-of "rest day". I'm going to give you some ideas for getting the creative photographer juices flowing, and then give you a chance to ask me any questions you might have. Got a photo problem that you don't know how to solve? Do your pictures always seem to turn out a certain way? A camera question? A question about printing? Ask it here... I'll be happy to answer.

So... creativity - THE key to stunning photos! Some thoughts:

1) Make note of pictures you see that you like. How were they taken? Who is
standing where? What time of day is it? Jot down what you like about them.

2) Take each picture you want at least 5 times... varying the point of view.
Take it up high, at eye level, and from down low. Try an angle. Take your
favourite a few times to ensure you don't get your subject with eyes closed.

3) Try candid photos. Turn on your camera. Turn OFF the shutter sounds (there
is usually a way you can turn off the noise your camera makes when you take a
picture... making the operation silent). Sneak up on your kids and snap snap
snap!

4) Take pictures of things that are special to you... the kids' artwork, a
family heirloom, a bouquet from your husband, a special meal that turned out
just right! Go for it. It's fun and a great learning experience.

5) Experiment!!!!!! This one is realllly neat. Take an empty toilet paper
roll, hold it in front of your lens and take a picture of your child. See what
comes out... I love the effect!

Here are just some pics to look at. What do you like about them. What don't you like? What would you like to know about the photos? What do they say to you? If you have ANY questions at all so far.... or comments, my comment box is always open. :-)











post signature

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

I love all of your photos...you are so talented! Thanks for all of your great tips. I hope I can apply them and take some decent pictures from now on!

You'll have to stop by my blog...I've gotten waaaay out of my comfort zone and posted a video of myself!

Have a great weekend...

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

I am in love with the picture with the dandelions!!! Thanks for giving us another great tip!!