Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Photo Tip #6 - A different angle - and more contest updates!

Photo Tip #6 - Get Down! And be generous!

One of the best ways to improve your photographs is to get down to the level of your subject, especially if those subjects are children. The bird's eye view of the baby in the crib, or on the floor is okay, but not always the best or most engaging. Aim for eye level, and as I mentioned before... fill the frame!


When I am out shooting weddings, people are often surprised at the various positions I will get into to take a photograph. Don't be afraid to lie on the ground or stand up on something to discover a new angle. How about vertical shots? Did you know that you can rotate that baby (the camera) and take a pic with the narrow end up? Vertical shots are especially good for single subjects.


Also, try this one... take a photograph on an angle. It can add motion and an artsy feel to what you have captured.


Always be generous in your picture-taking. This is the digital world! Take LOTS of photos in LOTS of different ways and don't delete a one of them until you have downloaded and worked with it. Buy a large memory card and carry a spare. You won't regret it.



As usual, have fun! And don't forget to post some pics! I don't mind if you enter more than one photo for the contest! That $25 gift certificate and interview has your name written all over it! So post some now, and post some later. :-)

post signature

5 comments:

Cindy said...

These are great tip, I need all that I can get!
Thanks for stopping today :)

Sara said...

Thanks for these tips! I love photography and I take any help I can. =) You take lovely photos, btw.

Kristin said...

I absolutely love your photo tips! I'm going to try them out the next time I'm snapping pictures of the small people :). And your pics are amazing too!

Kelli said...

Gorgeous pictures. Thanks for the comment on "JOY". We can encourage each other!!

Susan said...

Hi,

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Yes, there is hope for you! You can survive 4 sons!! (Ha ha...)

Oh boy, I'm going to have fun reading all your photo tips!

I love to take pictures of my grandchildren. And I need lots of help!

I appreciate you doing this for us out here.

I'll be back!

Blessings♥