Friday, January 23, 2009

the "white stuff" revealed

I loved your ideas! Hee hee hee.. lint, dandruff, etc. All good guesses! But nope... this is a far more sinister evil plaguing our world. Our heads actually.

It found me one morning not too long ago and I was caught completely unaware. The shivers and fright that ran down my spine from the white creepy creature, I'll never forget. I wasn't sure at first if I was just seeing things. A shadow? No. I had seen it. The stickly pale figure was unmistakeable. I screamed . . .

"Dye!" "Dye white scary monster!" "Dye!"

I ran out the door sobbing, ready to dump my week's wages at the feet of the pharmacy clerk who would lead me to redemption (Covergirl Brunette to be exact), when reason slapped me in the face.

Oh.

I guess I could just pluck it out.

Stupid white hairs.

But soon, they will have to dye! I kid you not! I will not stand for such terrorism on my own territory. Moms unite! Fear not! We have reinforcements . . . and hairdressers . . . and stylists darn it! They will not catch us lying down!

Hee hee... ok, I've completely lost my mind. Maybe the colour bleeding off my hair is also leaching some important brain cells. Hmmm.... Oh well, I'm ok with that :-) White is ALL RIGHT! (my new slogan - what's yours??)

6 comments:

everyday mom said...

I have had greys for many many years and have been coloring my hair for about that same period of time. LOL

Maggie said...

HAHAHAHA, Ooooooh, THAT white stuff!! =) Yeah, I have that problem too... because my hair is lighter brown, I have been able to conceal them with highlights. But, man, when they come in and it's time to get my hair done again... LOOK OUT, they are sprouted up all over my head and curly, while the rest of my hair is straight. LOL

DYE you white monsters, DYE!! LOL I love it!

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

tee hee hee....for a second I thought lice....gray hair is so much better than lice!!

Beth E. said...

I prefer to think of mine as natural highlights! ;o)

everyday mom said...

There is an award for you over at my blog come pick it up sometime.

Joyful@JoyfulJourney said...

LOL!!!
I am so very familiar with dye.
But, last year I decided to let it go and show ALL my white.
No more dye. :)
I received my first white hair at 16.

Joyful@JoyfulJourney