Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sugar Cookie Icing Recipe

It's been a month now, and I still have strep... ugh. 4 out of 6 of us have been on antibiotics in the last few weeks for this nasty little bug. I never believed in the whole "we're making anti-biotic-resistant-bacteria-by-overuse" thing... UNTIL NOW.

But enough about that! That shall not ruin my Christmas season!! Even though we missed the outdoor nativity pageant, I shall still BAKE COOKIES!

I found a neat recipe on line for sugar cookie icing that I'm going to try. Its one in which you ice the cookies and then bake them, so the icing is hard and durable. Exactly what I need when baking with little ones for gifts etc. So here's the link... and if you feel so kind, would you mind trying out the recipe and let me know how it goes? :) Hey, I'm sick after all....

Ok, ok, I'll post a review when I make my first batch, as well as some pictures! What great Christmas traditions and decorating/baking treasures do you guys do?? Help, I need ideas! :)

Oh yeah, the link: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/decorating-before-baking/?page=2

Have fun!

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Being sick is NO fun, especially for THAT long!!! I have been looking for a good sugar cookie recipe!! =)

Audrey said...

Yum! I'm going to try this as soon as I find time! It looks delicious!

Liz said...

Ooooh...I will have to try that one out!! I love baking cookies, I remember decorating the sugar cookies with my mom when I was little. Our new little tradition is new PJs for our little guys Christmas Eve.

Megan said...

These are so adorable and look so yummy! I definitely want to try making them!

Beth E. said...

Sorry you are still sick! What a bummer. I guess you are doing all the usual stuff...using paper plates and disposable cups and utensils, adding 1/2 c. bleach to your dishwasher, buying new toothbrushes, etc. Also, a doc told me once that pets can be carriers of strep. So, if you have pets, get them checked and treated.

I'm saying a prayer for you right now. Try to get some rest. I know, I know...but try, anyway! :o)