Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Easy and DELICIOUS tuna cakes!

Happy New Year! This recipe was our New Years eve family dinner. I found it in the Kraft What's Cooking recipe magazine (which is free - get it here), modified it slightly and doubled it for our large family. Soooo easy and delicious! Enjoy!

Tuna Cakes (I'm drooling as I write this...)

2 cans light tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 pkg. STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
margarine or butter for greasing the pan (skillet, whatever :)

MIX all ingredients. HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Make firm patties about the size of your palm (I just squish it between my hands), and add to skillet. Cook 6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, carefully turning patties over after 3 min.

You can reduce the calories and fat by using light mayo or miracle whip, and light cheese.
Nutrition Infomation
Calories 320
Total fat 17 g
Saturated fat 5 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 810 mg
Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 19 g
Vitamin A 35 %DV
Vitamin C 0 %DV
Calcium 15 %DV
Iron 10 %DV

5 comments:

Felicia said...

YES!! i'm excited about this one! I love salmon patties... and these look delicious too!!! I'm gonna have to fix this soon! Ok.. going to be a follower of this blog as well.. and Grab your Button!!

You are awesome! I have found another fave blog!

Beth E. said...

Hmmmm....I might actually be able to sneak this one into our menu. My guys THINK they don't like tuna. This recipe just might work, though. Thanks!

Is everyone over the chicken pox now?

Blessings to your family for a happy, HEALTHY New Year! :o)

Christina said...

Thank you for the sweet note. :) You made my night!

Ali said...

Oh these sound wonderful, I will try them right away. I'm sure my cats will go nuts while I make them though!!

Megan said...

OOOOH! I don't like tuna but my dad does! I will make this for him...thanks for sharing!!!