Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's your answer?

I don't have much time tonight, but I was thinking about my wonderful parents and wanted to post a question:

What thing did you learn from your childhood that you would like to pass on to your children??

Mine would be:
1. Always welcome your child's desires to be with you, talking, etc. You don't always have to be available to do what they want but always show your love and acceptance in the way you welcome them. My parents always did this! :) I knew I was valued.
2. Don't give a child everything they want. I was spoiled. Ok, I loved it, but trust me, there is value in discipline!
3. If you stare at light fixtures to fall asleep, sometimes you will end up sleeping with your eyes open (I don't need to pass this one on, but it is something I learned!!). Ew.

So......... share!

Night friends. :D

4 comments:

Liz said...

What a fun idea - I think I might just answer this on my blog tomorrow (when I feel like writing about me again...) I'll let you know....

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

I love this post!
1. God is the most important thing in your life. He doesn't cause bad things to happen but allows them to happen to increase your faith.
2. Honesty gets you in a lot less trouble than me finding out what really happened, and that you lied!
3. That quiet times are some of the best memories!

Beth E. said...

When I grew up, we didn't have a lot of money. What my parents taught me was this: Even though we didn't have the most expensive possessions, we loved one another. That made us a very wealthy family. :o)

Liz said...

my parents always taught me that family comes before friends...to stand up for each other and to be a friend to your brothers/sisters. Great post!