Saturday, November 15, 2008

Most Mature? The 2 year old.. of course... DUH

So here I am trying to set up a photography studio in my home, testing the lighting and so on, and I need a model. Simple right? I enlist the help of my family, knowing how willing and supportive they are of my aspirations and life-long goals ** ok, I was too cheap to pay for a professional model - mistake #1** I'm trying to become a serious portrait photographer.

Ok.... HUBBY!

Come on in... just relax and pose however you want while I snap a few pics ok?

Ok, let's try it again... relax. Smile. Maybe lose the ball (you big dork *snicker*)... ahem, let's just give it another go.. ready?


(Nice mug.) Hmm... Not into it huh? Ok.. you're free to go. Thanks for your help, and don't forget your free brown bag lunch on the way out (he believed me).

DAD!!!!!!!

Ok Dad, lets take it from the top. Lights, camera...


Oh..... dear! Um, no dad, that was great! Really. Lets do something with a bit more.... expression. Yeah. Expression! Ok, whenever you're ready...


((Guffaw! HAHAhahahhahaheeeeee)) Oh sorry dad, just swallowed wrong. I'll be right back. Gotta get some water. No, seriously I'm ok.

Whew! All right, hold on. Just let me wipe my eyes. Great. Ok, now lets try... happier, relaxed.


Hee hee! That was great dad.. really! Very, um cute. Let's get mom in here too huh? (Maybe we're just missing some rational female influence - I hope.)

Words fail me. I'm speechless.

Can anyone help me? Son? My eldest, first-born-always-willing-to-please boy? One picture? I'll give you chocolate. :-) Yummmmmmmm...


Ok, I'll admit, at this point I may have taken to blubbering incoherently or laughing uncontrollably in hysterical fits. I can't remember which. Either way, I'm pretty sure I sounded like a wounded duck...

... until my two year old came toddling in, ready to ride his big boy motorcycle. Vroom....


Puuuuuurrrrfect!

WARNING: The above post was provided for informational purposes only. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! or you just might figure out (experientially) exactly how little kids spray their 7-up out through their nose. Trust me.. it ain't pretty.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Ha ha ha ha ha...I love the pic of your parents...too funny!!! At least no one was actively screaming in your pics!!

Christina said...

Love it. I did something similar (I'm also a photographer) I was playing with my new external flash and wanted to have my husband and daughter be test subjects. I got some insanely silly photos!

Liz said...

You have a hilarious family...totally cracking me up! Hey at least no one was crying or throwing a fit! I'll take silliness over that any day! I'm sure you will have plenty of that in the future when clients start arriving! GOOD LUCK with you photography business! I'm so jealous!...

Supermom said...

HA HA!!!!!

~hands on hips~ FAMILY!!!!

Thanks for the review!!!!!

I have you bookmarked in both places now and can see what you are up to!

Michelle :)

Beth E. said...

What a hoot! Your family is great! I'm trying to just learn how to take basic pictures. My hubby has loaned his work camera to me. I believe I just don't have a photographer's mindset...I forget to take the dang pictures! You do a great job. :o)

kay said...

:D

This really made me laugh! How funny.