Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm obsessed.

There is something known as a magnificent obsession - referring to the all-consuming, life devotion to the one true God. I LOVE my God, but this is not what this post is about.

There is something I call "psycho-crazy obsession" - you know, when people like STALK other people (like bloggers), and do loopy things with newspaper clippings in their bedrooms (NOT like bloggers). This is not what this post is about.

This post is about "woman-turned-mommy-who-has-spent-7-years-changing-diapers-and-listening-to-nothing-but-crying-and-sniveling(husbands can be so immature)and-REALLY-needs-to-get-out-and-get-a-life" obsession. THAT is what this post is about.

I have become so desperate for adult interaction and activities that require my slowly-stagnating brain power, that the MOMENT something comes along that smells remotely like an adult life (and not a smelly diaper), I become obsessed.

Here is a list of my current obsessions:

BLOGGING
WRITING POETRY & TRYING TO GET PUBLISHED
EMAIL
BLOGGING
FINDING BARGAINS AT THRIFT STORES (especially things made of wood and/or the colour pink **reminder - I have 4 boys - it often feels like I am wearing blue-tinted glasses)

Blogging - self-explanatory. You are reading this post so you must be at least as crazy as I am.

Writing poetry and trying to get published - I have spent hours writing and researching magazines/publishing companies and thinking about the (begging) query letter I'm going to one day write.

Thrift Stores - Hey, a girl has to have a hobby.

QUESTION***********

Is it crazy to use the internet to research how to break your internet addiction??????

I think I may need to seek some help here. Shrink? Institution? Straight-jacket (I wish. Then my hubby would have to change the diapers!)? NAW. Chocolate. And some more blogging. Yes. That will do it.

Are you enjoying this as much as I am? Thought so. :o

By the way, looking for a good read? Try OBSESSED by Ted Dekker. It's grrrreat! (Sorry, have watched too many cereal commercials in my lifetime - Tony the tiger on the brain - what's left of it anyway (coo coo!))

Maybe I should try to get some sleep ;-)

No comments: