Thursday, November 6, 2008

Friends are like....

I'm SO happy!! My friends... thank you so much for praying. Little 3 year old Katherine does NOT have meningitis after all and is coming home tonight! She had a blood infection from a cut on her tongue (do not let your kids lick things on busses (good luck with that)). Please say another prayer - of praise to God who loves us.

I'm inspired! FRIENDS.... (cue music)...


Friends are like dirt to a child's fingernails...


What? You don't like that? Come on, hear me out:

- always there

- dependable

- closer than a brother

- sometimes hard and crusty

- and if it (they) weren't there, it would be strange and completely absurd (though sometimes it seems like it would be nice, life just wouldn't be the same, trust me.)

Sigh... fine. You guys are no fun. Friends.... are like...

um...

Nope. Can't think of another one. You guys are the dirt under my fingernails. :-)


And today I would like to pass on my blog award to an extra-special bloggy friend... LIZ!! Please visit her blog. She is an awesome writer and such a good pal. Liz, I can't remember what you are supposed to do for this, but you deserve it free and clear. Love to you. :)


ALSO, FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE.... (I'm so excited about this!) I have put together a new video for you........ a serenade of sorts to some special friends of mine (and I have quite a mixed bag of nuts in my stash I tell you - all dearly loved).

No seriously... sit, stay, enjoy! It also contains some much needed advice to stay at home moms who may be considering, um, "widening their social circle". Enjoy! (Oh, and uh, as usual... sorry.. LOL)

14 comments:

Becky :) said...

So glad to hear that your friends daughter is okay. God works He really does.

I can't wait to check out that video when I get home from work.

And I love being the dirt under my friends nails. Very well put!!!!

Maggie said...

I'm glad to hear that the little girl is OK!!! She licked something on the bus?! Ewww.

The video is hilarious!! =) GREAT hair. LOL

everyday mom said...

I am so glad it was not the worst. Yes friends are special

Liz said...

Oh my...thank you so much!! (I'm blushing a little - and very speechless....)

I am so happy that there is no menegitis!!

And as always thank you for sharing another fun video - one of these days I will be so brave (doubtful, but maybe)

Perfectlove said...

Glad that your friends daughter is ok.
lol, thanks for the video...I cant believe I ate that salt!

Christina said...

ha. I like the dirt analogy. ; )

I'm so glad to hear that your friend's little girl is doing so much better than expected! What a blessing and relief.

Monkey's Momma said...

Thank goodness! How scary is that? Kids love to lick stuff, don't they?

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

I am sending a pray of thanks! That is amazing!

Liz said...

Thanks for visiting my site... WOW another mom with 4 boys..and the same ages too. How fun to be able to read how your life is going---and compare notes! Thanks for finding me and replying on my website...
glad to hear your friends daughter is fine..that video is funny...love the pigtails!

Muthering Heights said...

Thank goodness she will be okay - that must be a huge relief!

Liz said...

ummmm....oops...maybe I need new glasses. (I was thinking you were refering to your litle space on the blog as your little space on the earth...a space of grass - made sense in my muddled mind :)

Beth E. said...

Hilarious video...and, I must say, the pigtails are YOU!

So happy to know your friend's daughter doesn't have meningitis. Only a kid would think of licking a bus...yuck. :op

Tammie said...

whatever is true,
whatever is honorable,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is of good repute,
if there is any excellence
and if anything worthy of praise,
let your mind dwell on these things.

i'm glad to hear that your friends' child is doing better, thank the Lord. and i loved the footage of your friends and the fun you had with them.

My Goodness said...

Silly, silly, silly...and it's because you live in 'boy world' that you get crazy with your girlfriends!