Monday, November 24, 2008

CONFESSIONS and a great TIP

Confess your sins to one another, the bible tells us. Eeee.... OK, are you ready????

1. I CONFESS that I didn't shower or brush my hair today until well into the afternoon (and yes, I went out this morning).

2. I CONFESS that I ran a quick errand to the grocery store for margarine, bought a Caramilk bar (yum) while I was there, and quickly snarfed it down on the way home so that I wouldn't have to share. Hey... I've got 4 boys and a husband - I don't have a square to spare!

3. I CONFESS that I really enjoy church congregational meetings, and that's where I was tonight after abandoning my poor sick husband to four babies.

4. I CONFESS that I got a wonderful award from my bloggy friend Lori of I'm no Supermom, and I haven't yet posted it! Tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow. Lori - thank you so much.

5. I CONFESS that I have sooo many confessions that I could make about my mothering it's not funny, but pride (and limited posting space) prevent me from doing so. I'll just give you a little hint on a couple... they have to do with creative clothing selections (a.k.a - rewearing a dirty sock cuz the others aren't washed yet) and chocolate breakfast conconctions, BUT THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING. I refuse to mention fingernail clipping and bathing schedules, diaper changing adventures and using tv as a babysitter. Nope. Not gonna go there! Besides I'm just kidding (shifty eyes). Hey, I do my best - these boys have a fabulous momma who loves them and kisses them hourly. I can't help myself. :)

6. I CONFESS that I'd better stop now before I get myself in trouble. lol

A TIP FOR TODAY!! Yay!
To help your kids get motivated to clean up QUICKER (my boys are like little racecars zooming around until cleanup time magically transforms them into snails - now I understand the rhyme... snouts and snails and puppy dog tails or something like that - umm.. where was I? oh yeah), play a song for 3 - 4 minutes in the room where they are working, and challenge them to clean up as much as they can in that time! Its a fun game for the under 7 crowd... older than that and they might be on to you. :)

Good night friends!

4 comments:

LKHarris-Kolp said...

You are too funny!!

How did you get so many followers? I feel unpopular and unloved each time I check my blog and see nobody elase has joined my followers.

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

OH I feel you on the Mommy confessions! Dirty Socks I am a repeat offender!!

Beth E. said...

Confession is good for the soul! Haha, loved reading about them. That's a great tip, too.

Please continue to pray for my hubby. He's scheduled for an MRI at 8:30 a.m. He's in a lot of pain...don't know how family Thanksgiving events will factor in this year. :o/

keeper of the chocolates said...

wow. i have so many confessions, i would take up my entire blog. like 2 yrs worth....

and we have dirty sock syndrome over here too!