Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bible study help, and an update

Yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life. Earlier in the week I had my 6 year old at the doctor again because his flu-symptoms keep coming back (he had strep), so they gave him a bloodtest for mono. Then they called back just before supper yesterday and said he doesn't have mono, but his white blood cell count is through the roof and get him in to emergency right away. So my hubby took him, and they did a battery of tests... they were concerned about leukemia... while I stayed at home in suspense and torture. Praise God the tests came back normal, and he came home with strong antibiotics - fighting a big infection.

So I'm sorry ladies. I've been out of touch, but there you have it.

On another note, I wanted to give you a review. I've been doing a devotional/bible study book that I highly recommend, called Search the Scriptures. Essentially its a three year study of the bible, in which you do daily readings and answer questions, discovering God's truth on your own.

I've read the bible consecutively a couple of times, and I was feeling a "lack of direction" in my daily quiet times with God. I love this book. Its devoid of modern-day philosophy (a.k.a. drivel) and is written for the serious follower of Christ who is willing to give God their time and attention every day.

Hope you find it helpful!

Click on the picture to go to the link and find some samples.

7 comments:

Dustybug said...

Oh my! What a scare! I'm glad that your son is okay!

I will check out that book. I've been looking for a bible study type guide to help me.

keeper of the chocolates said...

whoa, you had me worried there. i am so happy to see your son is ok :) that is so scary.

i have actually been considering this book myself. you just gave me the nudge i need. ;)

i too have been feeling a big of a need in the quiet time direction too...;)
hugs
s

Beth E. said...

So glad to hear that your son is not seriously ill.I hope he feels better soon.

Please read my most recent post (when you get a chance) about an Urgent Prayer Request. Would you please place this precious little boy on your prayer chain(s)? I don't know how to make a button for everyone to grab, or I'd put one of those on my blog and ask everyone else to do the same.

Thanks so much. Praying that everyone else in your family stays healthy, especially over the holiday season.

Blessings...

kay said...

Very scary! I am so glad that he'll be okay. My friend's son was just diagnosed with leukemia, and my heart just dropped when I read the word on your page. I'm glad that he doesn't have it. ((BIG HUG))

everyday mom said...

I am sorry that happened.

And I am going to go checkout that study I need a consecutive one to keep me going and take me a little deeper.

Liz said...

I was thinking about you today, and that we haven't heard from you in a while. I am so sorry it has been such a rough week for you. Your poor little guy - what a scare you all must have had.

Can you give me a suggestion of a "place to start" devotional? I need to get back to God and I just don't know where to start. I would like to do some devotional time at home, but have no idea where to go...any thoughts? Would this book be a good place to start???

The Barnharts said...

wow, that would be so tough! i'm glad it worked out!