Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rest, Quiet Time, and other myths for Mothers...

LOL. The title of this post might sound a bit pessimistic and discouraging but don't mind me... I'm just cranky because I'm tired. What?? Tired? A MOTHER who is tired? Sigh. Lets do each other a favor and save a lot of time - Let's only tell each other about the (days) moments when we are not tired.

And so because I am exhausted and trying not to fall asleep at my computer, I am just going to give you ladies one bit of advice: REST WHEN YOU NEED IT (and if at all possible, before you need it - because trust me, you're going to)!

I have discovered a truly precious secret... something worth it's weight in gold!! Hmm.. if only secrets could be weighed... never mind. Anyhoo, yes, a treasure - take hold of it mommies:

Husbands and children do not fall apart instantaneously upon mother's departure from her post!
They only seem to go spiralling into utter chaos at the mere mention of mom needing to use the potty FOR FIVE MINUTES, when truly they are FINE (leading me to suspect that this is a cleverly devised plot by males everywhere to avoid any and all exposure to the brown toxic substance often found caked onto the inside of a baby's diaper).

Friends, this is a crucial and life-altering piece of information for us. I know it seems far fetched but being the brave, sacrificial soul that I am, I field-tested this tidbit for us tonight (ok, I was desperate)!

And I'd like to share some of the photos with you. :) Please ladies, in all seriousness, make some time to get away, even if you don't think you need it. An effective mom needs to be healthy, and in touch with God. Sometimes that means a little rejuvination. And don't go getting all guilty on me - I posted about that the other day! Go look for it if you didn't read it... Trust me... once you do it, you'll be hooked. The guilt only lasts a few seconds before the taste of freedom lights a fire in your soul (or is that God? I bet He misses His alone time with us moms).

Ok, I ended up blabbing.

um... yes. Photos. :D (I'm really tired - lol)


There are more but its 1 o'clock in the morning and I'm SO tired... Did I mention that yet? Good nightzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

4 comments:

keeper of the chocolates said...

really enjoying your blog :) thanks for the resources and the laughs :)

Tammie said...

:) He gives His beloved sleep--in His own time, it seems, sometimes. i find it helpful to remember that i can rest in Him any time. all i have to do is ask Him for the rest whenever i am feeling in need. He helps me be calm when i'm sleep deprived, though i still don't function optimally. but that's OK. He didn't say i'm supposed to perform optimally at all times. i'm supposed to lean on Him.

God bless you today!

Liz said...

Beautiful pictures!! I don't know what you are talking about - a tired mom...never!! :)

I have so far been blessed to have never experienced my dear hubby joining the boys in their favorite pastime - I am happy with that!!

Thank you for stopping by - I think right now I need peace as much as I need health...HUGE HUGS!!

Jerralea said...

Very interesting post! And so true!

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed the Friday Fill-Ins.