Saturday, October 4, 2008

Quiche - Healthy, Fast and Delicious Recipe

I was out shooting a wedding today (did I tell you I'm a photographer?) and tonight I am exhaused. No energy to cook dinner. Need something healthy, filling and quick. Oh, and something everybody likes. Here it is -> my old faithful - QUICHE

Tuna or Spinach Quiche

Prep. Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

Two deep dish frozen pie crusts
4 cans of tuna (water packed) OR enough fresh or frozen spinach to fill 2 shells
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk (divided)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika

Fill pie shells with tuna (2 cans each) or spinach. Top each pie with 1 cup cheddar. In a bowl, beat 3 eggs, 1/4 cup of the milk, 1 tsp of the garlic and 1 tsp of paprika. Pour over ingredients to fill one pie shell. In the same bowl, combine remaining ingredients (same as for first pie), and pour over second filled pie shell.

Bake for 35 minutes or until puffy and no milk is seen in liquid when tipped to the side.

Eat right away or freeze for a rainy day. They also make a good breakfast. My kids love these, even the one with the spinach!! And I love how tasty, healthy and fast they are. Enjoy! :-)

(I will update with a picture soon.... I took over 200 photos of the bride and groom today and still need to download and edit them!)

No comments: