Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm feeling the love tonight friends!

I'm doing a happy dance today... I got my first award (<<------ see?) from Kim at The Mommy Machine!! Thanks Kim! You are so great... and your blog is wonderful! Check it out girls.. this woman blogs: "Observations from a mother of four, living a busy but uncomplicated life in Alaska." WOW. That about says it all... you go girl!

I now pass on the beautiful award you see pictured here! Drumroll please.......

Shaina! @ Biblical Homekeeping
Liz! @ About a Boy (or Two)
and
Christina! @ A Homemakers Journal

Ladies... I love your blogs... thanks for being a blessing to me. :-)

I guess I'd better pass on the rules too:
1. Place the logo on your blog.
2. Link to the person who awarded you.
3. You can nominate up to 5 blogs.
4. You can then add their links to your blog.
5. Leave a message in the comment section to each nominee on their blog.


AND, as if that wasn't enough, I also got tagged by Maggie at Life With Boys. I am SO feeling the love tonight friends... Thanks for making my day...

7 Random Things About Me (are you ready?):

1. My hair is so curly that my little (monkeys) boys use the strands as bungee cords for their action figures.
2. I dare you to try and push me over.... I'm 5'7" tall with size 10 feet. Ha!
3. I was so overcome with the "I have to be a perfect mother" anxiety attack when my first was born that I never let him go for more than 5 minutes without me talking or singing to him (poor kid - like, be quiet already mom, sheesh)
4. I have played every american sport except golf (not including mini-putt, and come to think of it, my hubby and I went to the driving range once and nearly cleared the place with our hilarious, yet dangerous efforts (we'll probably be allowed back there sometime next century))
5. My husband and I married as unbelievers, and got saved by Jesus on the same night years later. How cool is that?
6. Prior to my salvation, I spent at least a year praying and pleading with God for my husband to "become a christian", not realizing that I myself, was not one. (God is merciful, and has a sense of humor).
7. I am Canadian, and I like to say "Eh." We all do.
8. I was born in Barbados, and no, I have no idea why my parents left....

Oops. That's 8! LOL. Can I ramble on or what?

Right. Ok! So lets play TAG my friends.... You're it!!
http://keeperofthechocolates.blogspot.com/
http://mutheringheights.blogspot.com/
http://beckypaplanus.blogspot.com/
http://lilboogerbows.blogspot.com/
http://justforusgirlygirls.blogspot.com/
http://goldengoodness.blogspot.com/
http://niftythriftyhomemaker.blogspot.com/

Whew!
More Rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write seven random things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
Note: If all of your friends have been tagged already, just list 7 things in a comment for all to enjoy!

This post was a lot of work. Not that you fabulous women aren't worth it, because you are! But I realllly have to go potty now... so, bye! :D

9 comments:

keeper of the chocolates said...

oh wow. this will be hard work! random things about myself. i will bore everyone for sure..hmmm....i better start thinking on it now...hopefully i will have something interesting to say soon! thanks for the tag and for thinking of me!
hugs
shelbi

Muthering Heights said...

Thank you for thinking of me! :)

Liz said...

OMG - you are so sweet,eh.
I love my award, thank you (,eh)

For random things #5&6 - lets just say there is a reason for everything and if you could say some prayers for my husband and I - lets just say some things need to change for us - and hopefully some day I will say the same!!

everyday mom said...

Congrats!!! I love awards and the first is always the best.

Maggie said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't even realize you had this blog!!! LOL I am SO adding this one to my follow list RIGHT NOW!!! =)

My Goodness said...

Cool, thanks for the tag! :)

I Love the curly hair/bungee cord deal...very funny!!

2. also funny...
5. Praise God!!
7. So it's not just an empty stereotype, eh?
8?? overachiever!!

I'll post my random 7 tomorrow!!

Have a fantastic day!!

Beth E. said...

Hi,
I just hopped over from Liz's blog...I just have to say, you're a hoot! I've enjoyed your posts, pictures, and videos immensely! I admire you, mom of four...plus one more (your hubby). :o)

Blessings...

My Goodness said...

I've posted! :)

LKHarris-Kolp said...

I love all those blogs...am I a blogaholic?