Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I need prayer...

I want to say that I am very thankful for you guys. Your comments and blog entries and kindness are very encouraging to me. And I need it right now. Today was one of the worst days I've ever had... I made a really big mistake today (a mommy OOPS with a capital OO) with my boy (I reallllly didn't mean to) and I spent hours bawling my eyes out. I have never, I mean, NEVER, cried so hard in my life.

I really need your prayer.

Please pray for me to be a good wife and mommy. I love my boys so much.

We had a bible study in our home tonight (we meet weekly) and we studied Revelation 12. What I got out of it (LOUD AND CLEAR) is that Jesus is our salvation and that we are in a WAR against satan (i refuse to capitalize that name). This isn't just some la-dee-da life that we are called to. Our enemy is huge and is very very angry... YES, our Saviour is bigger but God has given us armour to USE in the fight for a reason.

Its very clear to me that I need to get serious once again about prayer, studying His Word, and teaching my boys straight from the BOOK how to fight this battle.

I need to go or I'm going to cry again. Thanks for reading, and please pray...
love to you sisters (I posted this on my other blog too)

8 comments:

Christina said...

I will pray for you tonight! I don't know what happened, but I know that no matter what, God loves you, and so does your son! Let me know if you need anything at all. *Hugs*

Tammie said...

dear Rachel, i cannot express to you how grateful i am that God in His grace compensates for our many failings as parents. He is good, and you can trust Him to grant healing and strengthening to your little one, as well as to you. God bless you, dear sister.

Tammie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Oh, I will be praying for you. May God bless you with wisdom and peace!

Andrea said...

I just found your blog today on the CSAHM blogroll. I've enjoyed my visit today and looking forward to coming back again soon:)

I have prayed for you as well. I love Tammie's advice! As the song says, "We are weak, but HE is strong!" Hang in there!

angelskisses said...

I am a fellow CSAHM Mommy and came across your blog on CSAHM.com. I completely understand your struggle in keeping our nose in THE Word to raise our little ones to our best ability! I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Cara
Angel's Kisses

Christina said...

You know what, I just thought of something else. My parents were quite human (like the rest of us!), but I actually learned to respect them more when they messed up because of the way they responded to their mistakes. It makes a big impact on a child for a parent to say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong" when something wasn't right. God chose to use us sinful, normal people to raise the treasure children He gives us, and He knew we'd need His help and is willing to give it.

keeper of the chocolates said...

we ALL have been here. be gentle with yourself hon. GOD is good and uses ALL things for the good of those who love Him.

hugs
shelbi