Friday, October 31, 2008

"Blogging-Up" for Oct 31

Since I can't "dress up" for Halloween here on a blog (because you can't see me - duh), I'm going to be "blogging-up" for you instead. Hmmm... what shall I be this year? I know! This year I'm going to "blog-up" as Rachel Rich - the mother and housewife that I often dream that I am... lol....

Once upon a fantasy,
On an island house retreat,
lived a mom named Rachel Rich
Fashion queen and gorgeous... (ummm... lady)

She had a hunky husband guy
Who brought her flowers (and could fly!!)
He woke her early just to hear
What she would say, his precious dear.

She had 4 handsome, fine-dressed boys,
Who played with rocket-science toys,
Politely cleaned up all their books,
And in their spare time, battled crooks.


The house was clean, no speck of dust.
The baby smiled and never fussed.
The food she cooked was so nutricious,
Her children cried, "Oh how delicious!"

Everything she made from scratch,
And always froze a double batch,
She knew her bible through and through.
Her gentle spirit, everyone knew.

Never late, and always sure,
Perfect hair and thoughts so pure.
Patient, kind and never tired.
Rachel Rich, I quit. You're hired!

Snap! Oh, sorry ladies, I was off in a dream there. Sigh.

You know what though? I don't think I really want to "blog-up" this year after all. I'll take my family the way it is (and me the way I am.. eek). Yes, I live in a boogery, smelly, dusty land, where fruit flies fly and babies cry... And in the middle of the night, I often sit on a wet bowl because some child has forgotten to lift the seat again, but hey, at least the seat was down, and I didn't go for a swim this time.

The perfect life, it sounds so nice, but how do you give comforting bear hugs to kids who are happy all the time? And there are other benefits to the "unperfect life" too. I HAVE LEARNED HUMILITY from changing diapers, PATIENCE from toddler tantrums, and JOY from a child's excitement over new discoveries (like toe lint)! You must be learning lots from your family too... if you are a mom, you can't help but do so!

I love my family. It's no trick... they are a TREAT. Happy end-of-October friends!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Another beautiful post dear friend. Thank you for reminding me that there is no perfect.

Muthering Heights said...

Great reminder!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

I love it! That is a wonderful post, as always!