For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:20
Teach your children to know God through His creation! Ever notice how a small child's eyes grow wide with wonder and excitement as a butterfly passes by? Or an ant is seen on the sidewalk? Or just about anything else? Children are hard-wired for the inspired! And this is how they get to know our awesome and incredibly HUGE God. Show them His world often, and point out to them how GREAT God is... and how smart, and how strong, and how loving.... these are things they need to know for their whole lives.
Some great ideas to get you started:
* Go out picking dandelions.
* Visit a waterfall, a canyon or any other natural wonder in your area.
* Grow a plant together.
* Splash in some puddles.
* Go for a walk and look for the biggest tree you can find! Or the smallest flower.
* If you can't go out, read a book about something you've always wondered about.
* Look up something interesting on Google images... ex. bears, pyramids. etc.
* Let them stay up later one night to look at the stars.
* Start a rock collection and read about rocks.
* Visit a planetarium (coming to Hamilton Ontario soon!) or borrow a telescope.
* Let your child use your camera and send them out to the backyard to find some picture treasures!
It can be BIG or it can be small... just get to know the Creator through His awesome creation! And at the same time, grow their passion for life and their love of learning. And look out... because its contagious! You just might find yourself infused with the same joy. :-)