The purpose of a schedule is to enable you (and each person in your family) to fulfill God's plan for you. Its a tool to help you carry out YOUR purpose, your mission, and keep your goals clearly in focus.
With that in mind there are a few things to remember:
1) Before you can make a schedule, you need to seek God and find out what your purpose is... what goals you are working toward. When making your schedule, these are the things that are non-negotiable. If your schedule doesn't move you towards accomplishing your goals, then it is not working, and you are wasting your time.
2) When setting your priorities, keep it simple. Not everything is a priority. In fact, many things that seem to be life-and-death important are really not so important after all. Ask yourself some questions... Will this matter for eternity? What does God think about this?
3) Don't overschedule. Frantic, frenzied daily activity leaves very little room for God, family, and that all-important built in need... REST. Also, a packed schedule makes dealing with the unexpected impossible to do without becoming stressed out, because there is no room for flexibility.
4) MOMS - learn to DELEGATE. You are not supermom, as much as we all want to be ;). God doesn't want supermoms... He wants moms dependent on Him. It is our responsibility to teach our family members new skills, and how to take responsibility for themselves. We don't actually help by doing everything. I've learned that my husband actually CAN run a washing machine.... I had no idea... from the way that he used to break out in a cold sweat and hives, I thought he was allergic to the thing!!!!
5) Make it simple, leave room... trust me, it will fill up. Take time to revisit your schedule frequently, to assess how its working and see how effective it is at moving you toward your goals.
Over the next little while, I am going to be writing about the specific steps to take in creating an effective schedule. Stay tuned.... I'm all aflutter! Fun FUN FUN!!
A Simple Spring Break + TinkerCrate and Book Giveaway! - This spring break Graham decided to turn double digits! That’s right, he is now 10 years old. I can’t even believe it myself. For his birthday he want...
1 week ago