Monday, September 29, 2008

The Purpose of a Schedule continued...

Hi all. I'm still giving you time to do your room chore lists, so for today let's go back to the purpose of a schedule.

I started out scheduling my home and personal life during an overwhelming period (when I had a baby LOL) as an attempt to take CONTROL. How many of you can relate to this? I've said it before and I'll say it again... MOTHERHOOD is a HUGE undertaking with lofty and mostly unattainable goals, and we all do what we know how to cope with such expectations.

Here is another essential tip to making a successful schedule - LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS TO REALITY. :)

I love lists as you can probably all tell. So lets take a moment together and make a mental list. I have two categories: Things under my Control, and Things NOT under my Control.

Things under my control:
How and when I do my chores
When I go to bed and when I wake up
If and when I am going to pray and seek God
If I am going to forgive someone for hurting me
How I treat my family
What I say to encourage others
What I put in my schedule
etc

Things NOT under my control:
My family members' emotions and reactions
My family members' and friends' salvation
My children's ultimate station in life
How well my schedule works out in the reality of life
Other people
Other people
Other people...

**** Please note that the things under my control have to do with me.**** I am responsible before God for everything that I do. That's why I am me. And anything under this list is only really partially under my control... as circumstances affect my ability to do things at different times, and God is really the one in control of everything.

**** Please note that the things NOT under my control have to do with other people.**** AGAIN, we are responsible for ourselves before God, to follow Him in everything we do. We love and care for others and do all we can for them, including our children, but their ultimate destination is up to them and God. That's why God made our kids separate people, and not little appendages (even though they may feel like it some days! lol).

So let's try this (breathe deep - it's going to be hard): LET GO OF CONTROL.

What?????? Is this blogging woman crazy?!? What does she mean let go of control? Doesn't she know that that means everything in my life and my family is going to fall apart? How can she say such wicked things?

I know dear ones... take heart. Its ok. Guess what? We don't really have control and that's ok. Our great GOD has complete control and wants us not to take over His job but to TRUST HIM. We can go to Him for every little thing, and He is holding the reigns. They are big and heavy and He can control them better. :)

Remember that He told us that His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:30), and that He will gently lead us that have young (Isaiah 40:11 - my personal fav.). Breathe easy little ones. Do the best you can and leave the rest to God.... GIVE the rest to God, and rest. Trust Him. Did you know that He loves your children and family even more than you do? WOW.

Final thought... God has given us mothers PART of a job to do. The purpose and goals of a mother ARE too high to attain to, but we aren't supposed to reach it alone. He will reach the rest of the way. Thank God for that. :-)

I'm praying for you....

1 comment:

Perfectlove said...

hey spaceofgrace. You are soo right, we need to give up ALL our control by giving it to God. It is a hard thing, but God wont let us down....right? *sigh*