Friday, September 26, 2008

Easy Healthy and Delicious Breakfast

Ok. I had to redeem myself after sharing with you my disastrous breakfast baking experiment this morning. :) I have a wonderful, delicious, healthy, easy to prepare breakfast for young and old alike! Drumroll please.......

Homemade Fruity Yogurt and Granola

1/4 cup of Harvest Crunch Original cereal
3/4 cup Yogurt (plain or flavoured - your choice)
1/2 cup frozen or fresh berries

Simply pour the above ingredients into layers in a tall glass and enjoy! The amounts are approximate and can be adusted to your taste... and of course, adjust them to make more (if you want to share these lovelies with the rest of the family). I use the frozen berries if I am preparing them the night before (or the same morning - they start to get soft enough within a few minutes if they are small (raspberries, blueberries, etc)).

The kids think these are a special treat! Add a bit of wheat germ for an added health bonus. ;-)

I'll update with a picture soon... my computer is still down. How does this blogging mommy survive without her laptop??? I get a lot more housework done, thats for sure..............

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

That sounds delicious, and very easy to whip up in a pinch!